For Bariatric Friendly. Do not flour Chicken.
Created by Mama G and named after my daughter Gina, for she always helped me with the cooking and catering orders @ Pizza Palace.
Chicken Ginuzza became an all time favorite for my family and customers. It was #1 for our catering orders. So, enjoy!!
6 Lg pieces Chicken Cutlet - cut into 2 x 3 inch pieces
pinches of Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder.
2 cups Flour (whatever needed to prep Chicken)
3 Eggs (whatever needed to prep chicken)
8oz Spinach Chopped (can buy frozen chopped spinach)
10 Mushrooms sliced
4 Sausage Links
2 gloves Garlic
1 small can - Chicken Broth
3 tbs Butter
2 tbs Grated Cheese Romano
1/4 cup White Wine (Chardonnay)
Prep the ingredients separately -(Sausages, spinach, Mushroom, and Chicken)and then put it all together @ the end.)
(IMPORTANT YOU MUST STIR OR FLIP INGREDIENTS WHILE COOKING STEPS 1 - 5. BELOW)
- Take Sausages out of skin and sautee in a little oil. Strain. Leave in strainer for now. Once cooled off then Chop into small pieces (not too small) and leave on side.
1. Sautee olive oil and garlic (enough oil to sautee) to lightly brown .
2. Add Spinach pinch of salt, blk pepper, garlic and sautee approx. 2 minute. If dry add little bit more olive oil so not to burn.
3. Sprinkle in 2 tbs Grated Cheese. (now stir or flip rapidly for 10 sec. just to enough to mix the cheese. and remove from stove. set aside.
In frying pan. Add Mushrooms, 1 Tbs Butter, dash of blk pepper and Sautee for 2 minute or until 1/2 way done. Set aside. (You will be baking this recipe so you don't have to cook the mushrooms too much. It's just to get some flavor to them.)
To Prep Chicken:
2 bowls - one for Eggs and one for Flour. 1 large flat pan to put prepared chicken into until ready to fry.
Put flour in bowl: add pinch of garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix.
- Cut Chicken into approx. 2"x 3" cubes. Set aside in bowl.
- Put eggs in bowl: add pinch of garlic powder, salt and pepper and beat.
- Dip Chicken pieces into eggs first, then flour pressing down. (both sides). Place in pan. flat. don't double stack.
- In frying pan. Put enough olive oil to fry chicken. approx. less than half way up the sides of the chicken. don't deep fry. cook chicken pieces flipping to have both sides lightly golden brown. (pictures will be included) Place in large pan.
- Depends on your taste. you can add on top or the frying chicken pieces a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic for more flavor. otherwise the chicken can taste bland.
A large frying pan, (preferably a deep one) medium heat.
Enough chicken to cover the bottom of the frying pan.
- Add White wine, (enough to sprinkle on top) and Tbs Butter. Flip ingredients to mix and glaze the chicken for about 30 secs or until butter is melted.
- Add Sausages, Spinach/Mushroom. Flip again. for about 1minute and add little bit of chicken broth just enough so it won't burn and you can simmer on same heat for about 1 minute.
- Put this mix in a flat Pan.
- Add a little bit of mozzarella on top. This way it will be layered with cheese.
In long baking pan.
- Add chicken broth to pan. about 1/4 way up.
- Add mozzarella sparingly on top.
- Bake in oven on 450 degrees, uncovered until mozzarella is golden brown.
This recipe is good for a party tray. Can be prepared a day before and place in fridge until ready to bake. But, one change.
1. Bake COVERED @ 350 degrees until everything is very warm then remove the cover and bake @ 450 degrees until golden brown.