2 lbs of Ziti per large catering tray.
In deep pan.
Put sauce on bottom of trays. About an inch.
Put 1/2 the cooked Ziti in the tin. Cooled off Ziti if you will be baking it tomorrow.
On top of the Ziti over the whole pan: In this order>
1. Sprinkle grated cheese.
2. Tsp of Ricotta (make like a checker board)
3. Sliced Meatballs or mashed Meatballs
4. Mozzarella (shouldn't be able to see ziti)
5. Drizzle cooking sauce. (not to much: you should still be able to see the cheese)
6. Add the rest of the Ziti. Make sure you leave enough room to add ingredients again.
7. Again add: Grated Cheese, Ricotta, sliced Meatballs,
But, now add the Cooking Sauce (more than you did on # 5) then add the mozzarella cheese.
8. Cover with Aluminium foil or better yet with aluminium lid.
Don't Push Down on Top or Double Stack in fridge if baking it the next day.
When ready to bake:
Oven on 450- 500 degrees. with cover on.
(if you put in fridge for the next day. take off cover and reapply. making sure cover is not touching cheese otherwise all the cheese will be stuck to the lid/foil.
Bake for approx. 30 minutes.
When cheese is melted the Baked Ziti should be done.
If you like it crispy (as my family does) then take off the cover and cook for another few minutes but watch it closely. at 500 degrees the cheese will crispy quickly.