|Olivia 2 1/2 yrs old. Help picking the veggies.|
|Cucuzza and leaves of the plant|
2. Defrost 2 - 32 oz of marinara sauce or Nonna Fina sauce (recommended). Leave on side.
3. In a large deep sauce pot add 8 cups of water and bring to boil.
4. Cut off stem on leaves and Chop up the leaves into small pieces. Place into boiling water with 2 tsp salt. Cook for about 20 minutes.
5. Cut the Cucuzza into smaller pieces (as long as a cucumber) so it will be easier to peel them.
|7. Cut Length wise. Scoop or cut out center if there are seeds. As above the seeds are too big and if you leave them in there the soup will be all full of seeds.|
|8. Cut into Chunks. 1" x 1" thumb size chunks. Place into pot.|
|Not cooked yet.|
|It's Cooked when it is soft and transulcent.|
13. Then add cooled off 1 box of cooked Cut Spaghetti or Italiano Pasta. (you cool off the pasta so that the water actually washes off the starch otherwise when you put it into the soup it dries it out. )
|14. Add in the chunks of romano cheese. |
Ready to eat!!
|Finally, found something I could use the old swing set for.|
|Cucuzza grows quickly from one day to the next. Don't let it get too long and big, because there will be many seeds in it and then you have to scoop that out.|