Eggplant Parm, Rollatini, Rosa Bianca Eggplant and Zucchini.
|Fresh from my garden, Italian Eggplant. Use this type of Eggplant for Eggplant Parm and Rollatini.|
Cut off ends of EggPlant, Peel and Cut into 1/2 inch thick Slices.
Non Stick Cookie Sheet
Put in separate bowls4 cups Flour - with 1/4 tsp of Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
6 Eggs - with 1/4 tsp of Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
4 C Bread Crumb - with 1/4 cup grated cheese
|Place and Pat down Eggplant in order of:|
1st: in flour
2nd: in Egg mix
3rd: in breadcrumb mix
Add Olive Oil by squirting some on bottom of cookie tray and some on top of Eggplant
|Eggplant will soak up Olive Oil when cooking|
so put enough on there as picture shows.
I put my Olive Oil in a squirt bottle for easy applying.
|Place in oven at 450 degrees |
When it turns golden brown flip them over
Approx 12 mins each side.
Sauce Recipes are on this Blog.
For Eggplant Parm: Use Cooking Sauce or Marinara Sauce.
For Eggplant Rollatini : Use Marinara Sauce
- Place 1/2 inch of Sauce on bottom of baking pan. (you need this much so bottom won't burn.)
- Lay down Eggplant side by side. Over lap them by 1/2.
- Add Sauce
Mozzarella should be on the Top layer. .
Eggplant will soak in a lot of sauce so, put enough on their. Like
you would dip a piece in sauce. (as not to little and not too much)
Cover with Foil.
Bake at 350 until cheese is melted then take off foil and bake until crispy.
You can prep EggPlant Parm the night before and then refrigate over night. Just make sure before you put it in the oven that the
foil is lifted and not stuck to the cheese.
Eggplant RollatiniSome people add ham or prosciutto with cheese. I add Spinach & Garlic mix. It is delicious. This recipe was one of my most popular with my catering orders. Even people who don't like spinach liked this recipe.
Prepare Eggplant as above recipe.
(Eggplant can be cooked up to a week prior to use. Place in ziploc bag and refrigate for a few days or freeze until the day before needed)
Prepare Marinara Sauce - recipe on this blog under sauce
1/2 large bag of chopped frozen Spinach
3 gloves chopped garlic
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Grated Cheese,
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese,
Small container of Ricotta.
- Defrost spinach in microwave.
- In frying pan, with medium heat, add Olive Oil and Sautee Garlic until lightly golden brown.
- Place in defrosted Spinach.
- Add a dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Keep Sauteing and cooking spinach for about 4 minutes.
- Add in grated Cheese. for approx. 1 minute, You must keep stirring/flipping spinach and cheese very quickly otherwise it will burn.
- Put into a bowl and refrigerate so it won't be too hot to handle. about 10 minutes.You want spinach and cheese mixture to be cool enough so, it won't melt the mozzarella when you mix it together.
- Add in Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheese and mix together.
- On Eggplant flaten a heaping Tbs of the mix
- Roll Eggplant or if too small then fold in half
- In a baking pan pour in 1/4 inch of sauce. More sauce on the bottom because Eggplant will drink it up.
- Add Eggplant side by side.
- Top each Eggplant with 1 Tbs of sauce and Mozzarella Cheese.
- Cover and bake on 400 degrees. Once cheese is melted on the top then take off cover and cook until cheese is lightly golden brown.