9. Add in carrots and celery. Add water just to
cover the veggies. Bring to boil and
Cook for 5 minutes.
|Olivia having fun eating Stew!|
1. Flour all meat.
2. Heat up some Olive Oil and Sautee a little bit at
a time onions and beef with a pinch of Salt,
Pepper and Garlic.
3. Cook beef just to brown each side.
4. Then place in a deep Sauce pot.
5. Keep sauteeing onions and beef until
all are done.
6. Add 2 Packages of Beef Stew Seasoning Mix,
1 can of Heinz Home Style Gravy
"Bistro Au Jus"
2 cans of beef broth and
only the Celery leaves.
7. Add a little bit of water if
the Broths didn't cover all the meat .
8. Bring to a boil for 15 minutes.
10. Add red potatoes and Stew is ready when potatoes are done.
11. Cook Orzo pasta or Rice. Strain water out and place in bowl. Pour some broth from the beef Stew
on top of Orzo or Rice. Place Stew in another dish. Keep Orzo or rice separate from the beef Stew until you put it in there individual dishes otherwise the rice or Orzo will dry up the liquid from the stew.
|Olivia having fun eating Stew!|
|4. Sautee until potatoes are lightly golden brown.|
|5. Add Mushrooms.|
Cook for about 3 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked.
6. Strain out oil.
7. Place in pan and Add cheese and bake on 400 until cheese is melted.
1. In Medium size frying pan, heat Olive Oil,
approx 1/3 of a cup or less.
2. Add in Artichoke Hearts. Temp on Medium high.
3. Sautee with a dash of Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder.
4. Cook until they are a lightly brown as picture shows.
If Olive Oil drys out add a little bit at a time.
5. Make sure you have a little bit of Olive Oil in frying pan.
6. Add in bread crumb and grated Cheese
7. Swirl and Flip to mix ingredients. Approx. 1 minute.
8. Lower temp to Medium low.
9. Add in Egg mixture and then Mozzarella.
10. Place Cover over pan for about 30 sec.
11. UnCover and with fork, push egg to side to let uncooked egg
flow down to the frying pan surface so, it can be cooked.
12. Cover again and Cook for approx. 2 minutes.
13. Flip Egg Omelet to other side.
Yes, I did flip it just perfect!! lol
14. Cover again and cook until done. (Your preference)
Artichoke Omeletes are so tasty that you don't have to
add Onions or Garlic cloves. That's optional.
1. Place Flour in bowl with a dash of Salt, Pepper and Garlic.
2. Clean and devine Shrimp. Flour Shrimp. Pound good and
shake off the flour and place in dish.
3. Cover bottom of frying pan with Olive Oil.
4. Fry Shrimp add a dash of Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder.
5. Cook both sides until shrimp is pink/coral in color.
This pic the shrimp is not floured. It is from another one of my recipes. As you notice from picture below the flour adds blumpness and I feel wholes in more flavor.
(That's why you don't need the tails on, Ha!)
6. Once all Shrimp is cooked, add 4 Tbs butter and
7. Once Garlic is lightly brown Add White Wine and Parsley.
Swirl Pan in small circle so that all the liquids can mix
8. Add more butter if needed. Cook for about 2 minutes,
Swirling frying pan in a small circle.
(no not fling it over head!)
9. Add grated cheese (optional)
10. Place pasta in large deep platter and pour Shrimp Scampi
When I was driving home from work, I was thinking
of having Scallops for dinner.
To my delight, Gaetano (my husband) surprised me with the perfect, delicious meal!
I knew I loved that man for a good reason!!! 30 years and gladly 100 more to come.
Ok. Ok. Enough with the mushiness let's get to the cooking!
1. Wrap each Scallop in bacon. You can also
cook some without bacon at the same time.
2. Stick toothpick in Scallop to hold bacon on.
If you like crispy bacon than place bacon over top and bottom
of Scallop (as shown on this picture on flat side).
Or around the sides only. (first picture has on sides only)
3. Heat up Olive Oil in frying Pan.
4. Add Scallops
5. Sear on Med.
6. Add a pinch of black pepper and
7. Turn the Scallops a few times. approx 6 mins
8. Once Bacon is crispy, Place Scallops
in a dish.
9. Wash and dry the frying Pan and lower the
temperature to Medium low.
ok this picture is making me want more Scallops!!!
If you don't like crispy Bacon than wrap around sides only. Sure looks nice and taste so good!!!
If you like bacon crispy, then place it around the top and over to the bottom so, when you are frying them the bacon will get crispy.
|Great for Parties. Instructions at end.|
1. Lay Chicken Cutlets flat and put ham, cheese, onions, mushroom and gravy on top
2. Roll up each Chicken Cutlet. Don't worry about closing the ends.
3. Wipe with brush or hand gravy all over Roll up Chicken
4. Pat Breadcrumb on them. If it is hard for you to pick up then just pour breadcrumb on top.
5. Pour 1 can of Chicken broth on bottom of tray
6. Place Chicken in without touching each other.
7. Cover with Foil
8. Bake at 350 for approx 20 -30 minutes until chicken is cooked.
9. Take off foil cover when chicken meat is white.
Chicken should not be raw.
10. Bake in oven with foil off for about 5- 10 min. or until breadcrumb looks crispy.
11. Chicken is now done.
12. Place Chicken Corden Bleu in Glass or Corning Ware tray.
13. Pour in a small amount of broth from baking pan approx 1/4 of it.
You need the rest of the broth to put into the Rice mixture.
Place in bowl and Save left over broth from Chicken for Rice Melody (as picture shows all the juices including the cheese or ham pieces that are left in pan)
You will put this in the Rice once rice is finished cooking. So you can start cooking the Rice as soon as you put the Chicken in the oven. This way they will be ready at the same time. I cooked 2 cups of Rice.
1. Start cooking the Rice as suggested on package but,
A. Replace some of the water with 1 can of Chicken broth.
B. Add 1 packet of Sazon Goya. Picture below.
2. Sautee Small Chopped Onion in a little bit of oil until golden brown. Place in rice when it is almost done.
|3. Roll up 3 slices of each Ham and Provoloni|
|4. Slice into small pieces. Place in bowl. |
Slice horizontially and then vertically. As shown.
|Don't cook rice to be too watery.|
|Stromboli can be made with any ingredients.|
The recipe below is what we use and it taste like a hot Italian coldcut sandwich.
Layer in order:
4 Slices Virginia Ham
4 Slices Provoloni
4 Slices Soppasatta or salami
4 slices Provoloni
5 Slices Pepperoni
|Buy 1 Large Pizza Dough|
Slice in 1/4 pieces
Stretch dough out by pounding lightly and then pulling it into a rectangle
It needs to be long enough so that the coldcuts can fit in it.
Roll up the coldcuts and place in the middle of dough.
Fold ends of dough in,
Place left side of dough to middle of coldcuts and roll over.
Make sure ends are sealed.
Beat one egg white and brush on top.
Sprinkle Seasame seeds.
Then with a fork, poke a few holes on top of dough
| Grease cookie tray. |
Flour bottom of Stromboli
Bake in oven on 425 until golden brown approx 8 -10 minutes.
Yes, you see correctly. My husband Gaetano placed a pizza oven brick in
my electric oven. He couldn't be without one. He wanted to put a large pizza oven in
my kitchen but, he had to settle for this.