Recipes on this page: Scroll down: Bariatric Friendly
Asparagus with Fresh Mozzarella, Shrimp Scampi or Chicken.
Asparagus with Fresh Mozzarella and Roasted Peppers
- Clean and cut ends off Asparagus. bottom part of stem is hard and must be thrown up. (squeeze your 2 fingers at bottom part of Stem which is very hard, moving your fingers upward until you feel it softer, then break off piece and discard bottom piece.
- Place in salty boiling water and cook until tender.
- Strain and leave on side
- 4. In Large Frying pan Saute Olive Oil with mushrooms for 2 min.
- 5. Add Chopped Garlic and cook until Garlic is lightly golden
- 6. Place in Asparagus and a dash of Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder.
- 7. Mix and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Place all in non stick baking pan
- Add in Sliced fresh Mozzarella and Roasted Peppers.
- Place in oven on Broil. 1 - 2 minutes until cheese melts.
Another Meal for Asparagus can be cooked with Shrimp Scampi or Chicken.
Prepare Asparagus as printed in Blue above, Steps 1-7 only
To Make with Shrimp Scampi (follow recipe on this site) and then mix in with Asparagus.
To: Add Chicken
Cook both sides Chicken in Olive oil, with Salt, pepper and Garlic powder. Medium to High heat. I usually turn Chicken a few times so, it has a chance to cook and doesn't get burnt.
Place Cooked Chicken in dish leave on side
in Frying pan:
- Saute 4 TBS butter and 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Place chicken in.
- Cook so that chicken is being glazed with the butter for 1 minute
- Add 1/4 Cup of White Wine (Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio)
- Keep mixing until the wine has a chance to mix in. 1 2 min.
- Add 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth.
- Add in Asparagus mix
- simmer for about 3 minutes.