Tomato Puree - 5 Cans of Tutto Russo, Contadina or Progresso (your choice)
1 chopped onion
1 bag frozen Peas
3 cans beef broth
1/4 Cup Grated Cheese
Seasonings - Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder, Basil & Parsley
Preparing the Meat.
- Place Chopmeat in large bowl.
- Add: 1/4 cup grated cheese, 1/4 cup chopped Onion, 1 tsp Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder. Mix well.
- Make small flat meatballs and lay them down in large pan on counter. ( I grab a small amount of meat, roll it as I would be making a meatball, then flatten it out.)
- Place olive oil in pan. A small amount to only cover bottom of pan lightly. Sear outside of meat. Searing meat caramelizes the sugars and browns the proteins present in meat, resulting in more appealing color and flavor.
(Note: Meat will still be raw, you are not cooking it fully. it will cook in the sauce.
you are searing it so it will stay as chunks in sauce instead of turning into minced meat.)
Place Seared meat in strainer.
PREPARING THE SAUCEOnce Meat is all cooked.
Use the frying pan with all the drippings that you seared the meat in.
- Add chopped Onions. (Not finely chopped)
- Cook until golden brown.
- Add Sauce Suzy Bell or 5 - 28 oz cans of Puree - Tutto Russo, Progresso or Contadina.
- 1/3 cup chopped Fresh Parsley
- 3 cans of beef broth. (Place the beef broth liquid in the empty Puree Sauce cans to help rinse out the left over sauce in the cans )
- Additional water if needed.
- Place in chopmeat.
- Break pieces if too large.
- Stir well
- Add bag of peas.
- Boil on medium heat for 20- 30 minutes.